- After draining the tofu, pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Add tofu, olive oil, and lemon juice to a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Spread onto toasted bread slices.
- Top with tomato slices and chopped herbs of your choice.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Three Tablespoons of lemon juice
- Three Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Seven Ounces (1/2 package) firm or extra-firm tofu
- Salt and Pepper
- Four Slices of Bread
- Two medium tomatoes ( I prefer vine-ripe)
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs
In an attempt to healthy up our diet, we tried a simple tofu recipe. If you are like me, I cannot tolerate the texture of tofu. By blending it into this creamy spread it transforms into a delicious new snack option. It is a great alternative to ricotta or burrata. Yes I know it’s NOT cheese haha It still tastes good I promise! I happened to pick the tomatoes and basil straight from my backyard. Nothing compares to homegrown food that you can feel 100% confident eating.
Sourdough is one of my all-time favorite breads. You get extra brownie-points if it is “San Francisco Sourdough”. This spread is delicious on pretty much anything. If you are watching your waistline, you can spread it on cucumber slices or use it as a dip for fresh veggies.
— Creative Market (@CreativeMarket) January 20, 2017